When the engine in your Subaru starts to make strange noises, knock, or leak profusely, you don’t necessarily need to get rid of your car and buy a newer one. Maybe it’s just time to install a new engine.
All too often we hear from people that loved their old Subaru until it died. When the estimated cost appears to be more than the car is worth, it was time to move on. But is what the car is worth really a good indicator?
- Is the car in otherwise good condition?
- Is it paid for with a great service history?
If you answered yes to both, the option of replacing the engine is probably much more cost effective! And we can help make it pretty easy, no matter where you are in the US.
- We can provide a replacement engine to your door at a reasonable price.
- We can point you to resources that will enable you to install the engine yourself, or to a reputable shop in your area that can install it.
- If you are in the Denver area, you can have the car towed into our shop to have the engine replaced in our facility.
The advantage is you get the quality of an engine that was rebuilt by a Subaru certified master technician without the dealership cost.
- We use only OEM or Genuine Subaru parts.
- Every gasket and seal is a factory Subaru part.
- The engine bearings and valves are all OEM or Genuine Subaru.
- Quite often we use a brand new crankshaft rather than having a used one machined, but even if we do have one machined it is machined to exact factory specifications and matched to the highest quality engine bearings available.
What does “OEM” mean? This term stands for “Original Equipment Manufacturer” and seems to be used pretty loosely by most of the automotive world. For us, we do the research and legwork to verify that the parts being used meet or exceed what you would buy over the counter at your local Subaru dealership. We prefer to use a part that is identical whenever possible. We don’t believe in paying for the fancy blue and white Subaru box if the part inside is exactly the same as an OEM/Aftermarket part. In the rare case we find that a part Subaru is using is inferior to an aftermarket part we will substitute, but only in an effort to improve quality, not to reduce the cost of the build of the engine.
Our owner is a certified, factory trained Subaru dealer master technician. He is in house to personally oversee and build your entire engine. Your engine is assembled by the book, with factory torque procedures and specifications. We build with care, and only build to a level of quality that we would install in one of our own cars. We are a low volume engine rebuilder and Subaru-only service facility. We only fix Subaru vehicles and engines and wouldn’t have it any other way. They are great cars and great engines, and when properly cared for, can last for many years, and many, many miles.
If you aren’t sure what engine you need for your car, please feel free to email or call us. We can guide you through the entire process and make things as easy as possible!